A sweet treat that reminds me of orange marmalade. Great for snacking or decorating desserts!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large and 1 small orange, sliced
- Add sugar to water and bring to a boil to dissolve. Then lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- In the mean time, slice oranges.
- Add oranges to the sugar syrup and simmer for 30-40 mins till the liquid has reduced by half
- Cool orange slices on a wire cooling rack (place the rack on a baking sheet, there will be drips of syrup to clean up)
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week. For longer storage, refrigerate.