I will not take credit for coming up with these recipes. I founf them on Pinterest and Food Network respectively but I thught that they would be amazing fall recipes. Also, you could use thanksgiving leftovers to make these recipes as well.
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 pound fresh cranberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
In a medium pot, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Stir to blend. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to blend and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Some of the cranberries will burst and some will remain whole. Add the orange juice and zest, stir and allow to cool before serving.
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional oil for cooking sausages
1 small onion, finely diced
2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 pound ground chicken (I prefer dark meat)
1/3 cup fresh sage, finely shredded
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of cinnamon
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the onion and sauté several minutes, until soft. Add the apples and continue to cook until they just begin to soften. In a large bowl, combine the onion-apple mixture with the remaining ingredients.
2. Using your hands, form the mixture into 10 small patties.
3. Preheat oven to 375F. Brush patties with oil and bake till golden brown and cooked through, about 30 mins.
Serve warm with the cranberry sauce. This can be made into a sandwich too !